While the pandemic has become a global crisis, the fight against it is taking place locally and will be won at the community level. Our cities, towns and neighborhoods have always been there for us, in good times and bad. Their health, well-being and prosperity are vital to our future.
We’re helping our hometown and New Jersey.
- We donated more than 150,000 face masks—including 75,000 N95 respirators—for health care workers in New Jersey.
- We waived April and May rent for our tenants in Newark, New Jersey—most of whom are small business owners—to help reduce layoffs from local businesses.
- We’re deploying more than $1 million in crisis-relief funding, including $500,000 to support small businesses in Newark and the New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund.
- We’re working with longstanding nonprofit partners in Newark and across New Jersey to support their relief efforts for individuals and families.
And helping communities across the USA.
- Prudential is continuing to pay vendors that provide janitorial and cafeteria staff, security and shuttle bus drivers, in the hope that they will not lay off workers during the pandemic.
- We have donated $100,000 to the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving and $100,000 to the El Paso Community Foundation, both communities where we have a significant presence.
- Prudential has given $2,500 to each of the 102 young change makers honored in this year’s Spirit of Community program for them to donate to community-based charities making a difference in the fight against COVID-19.
- To support military veterans, we granted $50,000 to Veterans Plus and redeployed $100,000 from volunteering events to support immediate needs with Operation Gratitude.
- Prudential provided a 2-to-1 matching gift for employee donations to three national organizations providing pandemic relief, raising nearly $400,000 for the CDC Foundation, Feeding America and SaverLife. This is in addition to Prudential’s existing policy of matching up to $5,000 of annual charitable donations by employees. We are also providing virtual volunteering opportunities so employees can continue supporting good causes during the pandemic.