Prudential serves millions of institutional and individual customers, providing financial protection and peace of mind. In today’s uncertain environment, we remain strong and ready to support our customers around the world.
We’re providing the support you need, when and how you want it.
- We handled nearly 850,000 customer calls in the month after the national emergency declaration, helping to calm nerves through volatile market conditions and provide access to needed benefits.
- To make it easier for our customers and applicants to work with us, we have increased our use of digital tools, such as e-signatures and secure email, where possible.
- To minimize wait times for customers who want to talk to someone by phone, we have deployed additional resources in our contact centers.
- For customers who prefer self-service options, we have enhanced our online tools, chatbot and voice-activated systems so customers can conduct more transactions online and by phone.
We’re extending payment timeframes and accelerating payments.
- For customers who have life insurance policies with Prudential and have been affected by the pandemic, we’ve extended the timeframe for premium payments. We’re also relaxing the document requirements for some life insurance claimants for both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 related claims and expediting payments.
- To help customers attain new life insurance coverage, where possible we are discontinuing the need for medical exams for new applications with policy face amounts up to $3 million for individuals 60 years of age and under.
- If a customer wishes to withdraw funds from an annuity or life insurance policy, we’ve accelerated the process.
- We are temporarily waiving retirement account transaction fees on emergency savings, hardship, loan and CARES Act-related distributions.
And improving customer and advisor communications.
- We’re hosting weekly calls for workplace clients and advisors to answer questions and provide helpful information, and have increased the frequency of our communications with customers to ensure they have the resources they need.
- Our PGIM investment management business has been proactively engaging with clients—including 161 of the largest 300 global pension funds—guiding them through unprecedented market volatility with calls and webinars on topics related to the pandemic.
- We’ve created a COVID-19 section on prudential.com containing information and resources to help customers through these extraordinary times.