The health, safety and well-being of our employees is a top priority. Prudential employs more than 25,000 people in the U.S., across all 50 states.
We’re looking out for the physical and emotional health of our employees and their loved ones.
- 98% of our workforce is working remotely. Even before a national emergency was declared, we had introduced social distancing measures in our buildings. Currently we are conducting daily health screenings for those who must be in the office, to help keep our on-site essential personnel safe.
- Prudential is covering all co-pay and co-insurance costs for colleagues or dependents who require testing for COVID-19, as well as providing extra assistance to any eligible employee who claims short-term disability benefits for a COVID-19-related absence, for up to 25 weeks, and providing paid leave to care for a family member’s illness.
- Employees and their families have access to free mental health resources, including virtual counseling, through our Employee Assistance Program.
- We are delivering online wellness resources, including live and pre-recorded exercise workouts, and mindfulness and nutrition coaching sessions.
- To help employees balance their work and life, such as taking care of children or other family responsibilities, we are supporting nontraditional working hours.
- Employees in some locations have access to a grocery pickup service through one of our catering vendors.
We’re supporting our employees’ financial wellness.
- To reduce uncertainty in these times, we’ve announced the temporary suspension of layoffs.
- For employees who require additional caregiving support, we are reimbursing services provided by someone in their own caregiving network, such as neighbors, friends or relatives. This is in addition to Prudential’s existing child and dependent care support services.
- Many financial professionals in Prudential Advisors own their own business and receive support from Prudential, such as technology platforms and other business-building programs and initiatives. To help them, we have reduced the overall cost of this support by 50%. Additionally, we are waiving rent for advisors who rent offices from Prudential and offering interest-free loans to newer advisors and those who have suffered financial hardship due to lost income.
- We are creating specific COVID-19-related virtual seminars designed to help employees make informed financial decisions during the pandemic.